- Diploma, Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, 1991.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, 1995.
- Potable water treatment: removal of hydrogen sulphide, ammonia, iron, manganese (www.water-biofilter.gr), autotrophic hydrogenotrophic denitrification
- Treatment of agro-industrial wastewater: olive mill, table olive, dairy.
- Treatment of industrial wastewater: hexavalent chromium.
- Application of microalgae for wastewater treatment and biodiesel production.
- Modeling of biological processes.
G. Tziotzios, G. Lyberatos and D.V. Vayenas, 2005. Biological phenol removal using packed bed reactors. Biochemical Engineering Journal 26, 65-71.
E. Dermou and D.V. Vayenas, 2007. A kinetic study of biological Cr(VI) reduction in trickling filters with different filter media types. Journal of Hazardous Materials 145, 256-262.
A.G. Tekerlekopoulou and D.V. Vayenas, 2008. Simultaneous biological removal of ammonia, iron and manganese from potable water using a trickling filter. Biochemical Engineering Journal 39 (1), 215-220.
I.A. Vasiliadou, K.A. Karanasios, S. Pavlou and D.V. Vayenas, 2008. Experimental and modelling study of drinking water hydrogenotrophic denitrification in packed-bed reactors. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 165 (1-3), 812-824.
C.E. Economou, I.A. Vasiliadou, G. Aggelis, S. Pavlou and D.V. Vayenas, 2011. Modeling of oleaginous fungal biofilm developed on semi-solid media. Bioresource Technology 102, 9697-9704.
M.K. Michailides, A.G. Tekerlekopoulou, C.S. Akratos, S. Coles, S. Pavlou and D.V. Vayenas (2015). Molasses as an efficient low cost carbon source for biological Cr(VI) removal. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 281, 95-105.